Warrior Support Services - The Zone
When your servicemembers deploy our goal is to make them as financially safe and secure as possible.
1. Have they locked down their credit so no one can steal their identity while they are away?
2. Have they sent out letters to their creditors asking them to implement the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act?
3. Have they created a budget to help their family cope with a possible change in income?
4. Have they pulled their credit reports to make sure all of the information is accurate?
5. Have they located and secured all of their important papers and documents?
6. Are they aware of the Savings Deposit Program?.
Mid-way through the deployment is the perfect opportunity for the family to financially prepare for the changes that will come as their loved ones come home.
1. Have they revised their budget? Are there adjustments that need to be made?
2. If they are falling behind, have they contacted their creditors? Do they know their rights and options?
3. Do they have questions about their credit?
4. Have they discussed their plans for any large influx of pay associated with the deployment?
5. Have they created a plan to pay?
30, 60, and 90 days after the deployment has ended and your families are working to make sense of their finances is the critical time to get them on track to succeed.
1. Have they created a new budget based on their civilian income?
2. Have they pulled their credit reports and compared them to the reports they pulled prior to deployment?
3. Have they developed a plan to pay down their debt?
4. Do they know their options if they are struggling to make timely payments?
5. If their credit is less than stellar, do they know what steps to take to increase their score?