The Sandy Recovery Housing Counseling Program provides free housing guidance to renters and homeowners who were impacted by the storm and lived in one of the nine counties the federal government determined were most affected by Sandy. Registration with FEMA is not required to receive assistance through this program.
Is you house "underwater"? (worth less than what you owe)
Did you loose work or hours because of Sandy?
Did you get laid off or collect unemployment?
Has your income been reduced?
Are you having trouble making your mort age payment?
There are grants and programs available to you that can:
- Reduce your mortgage payment!
- Have principal reduced by up to $50,000!
- Eliminate your delinquency!
- Bring you current!
- Eliminate mortgage payments for 6 months!
- Pay your mortgage for up to 18 months!
- Reduce your interest rate!
Call a Certified Housing Counselor today at:
Available Housing Counseling Services Provided through the Program at no cost*
Pre-Purchase Counseling and Education
Online Pre-Purchase Homebuyer Education
Mortgage Delinquency/Default Counseling
Credit Report Counseling
Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Rental Housing Counseling
High Cost Loan/HOEPA Counseling
Back To Work HomeBuyer Program
* To be eligible for free counseling services, renters and homeowners must have been impacted by Sandy, lived in one of the nine counties most affected by the storm at the time of Sandy (Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Union)
Housing Counseling offices by county:
For Sandy program issues call your local agency:
|Atlantic||Consumer Credit and Budget Counseling||609-390-9652|
|Bergen||Greater Bergen Community Action||201-374-8838|
|Cape May||Consumer Credit and Budget Counseling||609-390-9652|
|Essex||Catholic Charities of Newark||862-229-4464|
|Hudson||Catholic Charities of Newark||973-424-7616|
|Middlesex||Faith Fellowship CDC in partnership with Consumer Credit and Budget Counseling||732-727-9500|
|Monmouth||Affordable Housing Alliance||732-982-5072|
|Union||Catholic Charities of Newark||862-229-4468|